31.1.09

My Last Day As A Freak,...Uh, I Mean Vegetarian.

During the month of January I went on a vegetarian diet to expand my horizons and possibly discover a lifestyle change that I would like a enough to stick with. This didn’t happen. I miss meat. It wasn’t terrible, there were some things that I really enjoyed about being on a vegetarian diet, but getting invited over to friends’ houses for hamburgers was a huge let-down(I swear this happened, like a thousand times during the month).

Here are a few zany facts that I came up with:
- Being on a vegetarian diet doesn’t gain you any ‘macho’ points
- Beef is delicious
- Non-meat meals are fun to make
- You feel healthier and maybe even more energetic on a vegetarian diet
- bunnies are cute
- no amount of mini-donuts can fill the hole that meat will create in your soul
- Your canine teeth get really bored when on a vegetarian diet and they go on and on about it, saying things like “This is sooo laaaammme. These vegetables are super mushy. Seriously, the tongue could chew these.”

It looks like I’ll be praying and meditating for 15min every morning in February as my new lifestyle change. Maybe this one will stick. Goodbye Vegetables; Good Morning Lord! Thanks so much for voting, I was pleased with the response.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

"Seriously the tongue could chew these" - brilliant.

TheSeldonPlan said...

it turns out going on a tea, salad and assorted nuts diet makes macho points somewhat elusive as well my friend...