5.2.09

I Want To Enjoy It; But I Can’t.

Prayer. Meditation. The new bother of my day. I’ve always wanted to thoroughly enjoy praying like some people seem to when they talk about it. Truth is, I can hardly remember praying and enjoying it. During hokey prayer circles I’m doing my best to curb my fidgeting and I’m usually daydreaming about something far away from prayer. Then, I just feel guilty about it. Jesus taught his disciples to pray by giving them the Lord’s prayer and I have a hard time using that as a model because it’s so broad. So here I am, committed to praying every morning for a long 15min. This isn’t the first time I’ve tried to enjoy prayer times; it’s something that I feel has eluded me for most of my life.

1 comment:

Linnea said...

Silly. Communication is never easy; that is all prayer is! Maybe you should change it to prayer and meditation. Spend a couple minutes telling God what you think and then invite him to speak to you about something. Pray about whatever comes to mind. Enjoy sitting and knowing that he God. That you aren't responsible for accomplishing anything but recognizing who He is. By the way, this note is to myself and I just happened to post it here;-)