2.1.09

An Experiment:

For the month of January I promised myself that I would try to be a vegetarian. Not because fuzzy little animals make me feel all fuzzy inside; it is more so to raise my own awareness about vegetarianism and the food industry. I want you to know that I love meat. Meat is delicious and I’m going to miss it. Meat. Meat. Meat. Wrap my own arm in bacon, I’d probably consider eating it.
I turned down an invitation to a friend’s house tonight for burgers and I had to pick some toppings off of a pizza yesterday(though I almost forgot). Tonight I had rice for dinner, though this is partially because I have almost no food in my possession. Here is a running tally:
7 eggs
PepperJack cheese
Onion Dip
Strawberry Jam
Bread
Arborio Rice
Cornbread Mix
2 artificially sweetened peach cups
4 boxes of Allbran
3 boxes of Raisin Bran
Oatmeal

…and that’s all. Seriously. So I’m about to embark on my first vegetarian grocery shopping trip. Here goes nothing…Wait, that’s not true. Here goes all of my favorite meat products for a month!

2 comments:

Linnea said...

Way to go! but I hope you didn't eat all of that in one day. Now you just have to decide what kind of vegetarian you want to be, the kind that eats french fries constantly or the kind that is actually healthy. p.s. i've got some great recipes if you are ever interested.

Nate Ray said...

oooo, this sounds exciting!