30.7.08

*no title*

Don’t you dare spread my ashes; don’t you dare. Please, please pour them into a small pile in a small place far from most folks. Pour me out in the tundra next to the lichens or pour me into a hole in the backyard and cover me with the softest and darkest dirt. Then, maybe after a few years plant a sumac or willow in that spot, just so we can all forget it as the place where my sintered body lay and enjoy it as the deep red sumac in the fall or the bounding and swaying willow tree.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

So very interesting...I like it.

there by the grace said...

i swear on my grandmothers ashes that i discovered your blog site August 15, 2008. and when i read this blog on that day, my heart literally stopped beating for a moment in time because the very next day after you wrote this blog was the day i stumbled upon that "property adorned with the most gorgeous willows" and naturally, my first instinct was how much you would love it. fine if you don't believe we were meant to be together, but no one will ever tell me otherwise that you and i are soul mates. that i believe with every fiber of my being.