9.6.08

An Open Window In June

I haven't brought myself to install the window screens yet this year, though this hasn't stopped me from recklessly opening my house windows to the outside world. A June Bug flew in just now, straight to the light that I'm sitting under.
June bugs, they don’t want to come in. I'd like to say that they want to come towards the light, however this is not even true. They only want to go where they are going, they belong in the night. The only thing the illumination does is screw them up. The June bugs belong in the night,...the light takes them away from home.
June bugs, the 'Flying Fortress' of the insect community, a large armored car . He came in like a lethargic giant, laboring his heft across my living room only to be repeatedly smashed with a fly swatter. All of that hard work, that fierce determination for naught.
It almost makes me feel sorry for the little big guy and for all the others that have met a similar fate, but then I remember that I hate the fuckers.

1 comment:

Philip said...

This one made me laugh. Grood joreb!