8.6.08

Coach, My Favorite Cat

Sometime in Dec 2007
I found Coach in the garage tonight, so I put out a plate for him, leftover sandwich meat and a can of tuna. I sure hope he sticks around for awhile, Coach brings jubilee with him, I erupt with emotion when I spot him trotting through my yard. It is the same emotion felt when seeing an old friend after a long departure, except Coach is far from an old friend, he is new, he is strange. Coach is wild. He is a wild cat, making his way quietly and elusively through the sparse countryside, he almost wants a home, here at my place. I’m doing what I can to show that he can have a home here, he doesn’t have to cozy up in the house, really he can come and go as he pleases. I suspect that he wants to come and go, and often at that. Most of these thoughts are fantasy, but I don’t care, I like Coach, nay I love Coach. We’re chips off the same ol’ block, I want to be Coach and he wants to be me. We’re in this together for now, that is why I thoughtlessly yell excited words when I see him trotting through my yard for the third, fourth, and fifth times. “Hey Coach, I’ll be your mascot if you’ll be mine.”

1 comment:

Philip said...

Hey kids! I have some butterscotch discs!!!