1.6.09

Your mouth is open Dude. Dude, your mouth is open.


Seriously. Your mouth is still open.
Are you about to say something? No.
Does having your mouth open make you a better driver? No.
Are you taking a bite out of a big sandwich? No.
Why, oh why is your mouth always open!? Is your nose plugged?
Maybe your jaw is too heavy for your face.
What if I just give it a boost with my hand?
Oh, I’m sorry, is shutting your mouth for you with my hand inappropriate?
Yes, I guess it is.
But, the open mouth makes you look stupid.
No, not at all. I’m sure you’re a very intelligent individual.
Still though, it looks dumb.
I mean, it’s gotta dry out in there, right? Are you over-hydrated?
Attempting to shed excess body temperature like a dog?
Seriously dude, your mouth is still open.
You probably don’t even know.
I want to walk up to you and say “Hey man, your mouth is open”.
Because, um. It’s open.
And it doesn’t need to be open.
A bug could fly in there.
Did you ever read “There Was an Old Lady That Swallowed a Fly”?
Yes, I know it’s a children’s book, but still, it could happen.
The book says they “don’t know why she swallowed the fly”.
But I know that she swallowed it because her mouth was always open.
And now she’s dead because she swallowed the horse.
So….go ahead and close it.
Go ahead, it’s okay. You’ll still be able to breathe, and drive.
Seriously man, your mouth is still open.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I love this...too funny.