23.11.08

The Mediumest Boy

I’ve duped myself into thinking that I am merely average.
I don’t need your acceptance, I don’t want your admissive compliment.
I’m a package wrapped in brown paper
While all of the others have shiny circles and lines.
Ok, maybe not all of the others, excuse my dramatic interpretations.
I’m really finding that I’m pretty decent, I mean I’m full of quality.
Color me inside the lines and make it look good…that’s what I am.

On the other hand, I am the mediumest boy.
I’m not the scum of the earth, everyone makes these simple mistakes.
I’ll wipe all of the chocolate cake and frosting from my mouth
And come into the light.
All of the dark stains will still be on my clothes and hands, but it’s ok.
“It’s okay you guys come out into the light
I have chocolate cake all over myself too
Come on out, we’re all messy and you’ve felt bad about it long enough”
That’s what I’d say to all the other ones….all of them.

No comments: